“New York City is a tourist trap I don’t mind being in.”
Recently, I visited New York City for a few days to celebrate my birthday so I am sharing my favorite places and a few tips along the way!
Free Things To Do:
- Brooklyn Bride
- Central Park in the fall is by far the most picturesque site to see!
- Times Square
- Talkshow Taping – I was a live studio audience guest on the Tamron Hall Show which was super neat! There are a variety of shows you can see free of charge by visiting 1iota.
Where to Stay:
During my stay, I wanted to maximize seeing as much in the few days I was there so I chose the citizenM, which is situated in the heart of Times Square. I loved that it is such a high tech, trendy, boutique hotel — plenty of photo aesthetics! Plus it is close to several subways, buses, and Ubers/Lyfts to get you where you need to go during your trip!
By far my favorite part of the city was all the amazing food trucks and good eats! I ate at Sarabeth’s for brunch and had the most savory buttermilk waffle and bacon (a bit pricey but worth it!) Angelo’s Pizza is an excellent stop if you are looking for authentic NYC style pizza (10/10 recommend).
Last Minute Tips:
- Subways are your best friend and will save you a ton! $2.75 per ride and a weekly pass is roughly $33. I quickly learned that an Uber/Lyft/Taxi can quickly add up so use those sparingly.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes! I inadvertently left mine behind and had multiple blisters after my first day in NYC.
- Solo travel can be fun and is a great way to learn more about what you enjoy as an individual! I went to NYC by myself and recommend everyone try it at least once. Minimal phone usage will help you not standout as a tourist and NYC has been voted one of the top cities for solo travel.
Let me know if there is anything you all want to see more of in the comments below! Planning to post more beauty/style content soon 🙂