“There are a lot of places I like, but I like New Orleans better.”Bob Dylan
Hello friends and Happy Friday! I spent New Year’s Eve and a few days after in New Orleans. Here to share a few of my must see things!
Where to Stay
When I solo travel, I always recommend staying somewhere that is centrally located to where you want to explore and has a 24/7 front desk staff. I stayed at the Park View Historic Hotel near the Uptown New Orleans Historic District. It was the perfect distance from every place I wanted to see and also provided solitude away from the busy Bourbon Street (unless that’s your jam and you like noise).
What to Eat
There is an abundance of food selections to choose from but I will keep it short! When dinning solo, I try to pick places that have high top bars and bring a good book with me as well.
- Obviously one must try Cafe Du Monde for their famous beignets
- Ruby Slipper Cafe has phenomenal breakfast and brunch options
- Willie’s Chicken Shack (they have the best fried chicken and frozen daiquiris)
- Paladar511 (excellent aesthetic and dinner options)
What to Do
New Orleans has such as rich culture and there is a variety to experience in the city! Adventuring solo in a city is super freeing for me and I always feel safe. I typically map out where I will be and for how long each day in advance. Also, I tend not to venture out too late into the evening and that has worked well for me thus far!
- French Quarter (plenty of food, music, and shopping)
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- Garden District
- City Park
- Swamp Boat Tour (I held a baby alligator!)
- Ride a streetcar along St. Charles Avenue (Excellent opportunity to people watch and a single ride is $1.25)
Click here to view a mini vlog of my trip on Tiktok!